Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mission on the Mission.

Ok guys so the reason I am posting two blogs in one day is that sometimes I write one on word and can’t post it for awhile. Just so you know.

God there are a million heartbreaking stories here. It is a seriously painful expierence at moments watching these children work towards such an unknown future. Sure, when we were in high school we didn’t know for sure what school we would end up but it was sort of common knowledge that we would go to college get a job and lead a genuinely comfortable life. Here the kids aren’t even sure if they can get to a high school. There certain future if they cannot continue to pay fo rhte very expensive private education, which onlthat we would go to college get a job and lead a genuinely comfortable life. Here the kids aren’t even sure if they can get to a high school. There certain future if they cannot continue to pay for private education, which only gets more expensive as they get older, is really to end up in a village living a life without the amenities we think are the bare minimum. God I wish I could help them all.

There are two girls here who want me to get them to US highschools but I’m just not sure how to do that. One maybe, MAYBE, but two? How the fuck can I do that?

It’s so hard because everybody here is so kind and giving but also seem to want something from me. They want me to get them to the US or scholarship or just a way to get clean water.

I just wanted to build greenhouses.

I am so overwhelmed. I am sure othe only possible ending here is my absolute failure and let down, particularly of the girls who want to get to the US.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE IF YOU KNOW PEOPLE WHO CAN SPONSOR KIDS TO GET TO THE US OR CAN SEND MONEY TO CHILDREN HERE SO THEY CAN SCHOLARSHIP INTO PRIVATE HIGHSCHOOL PLEASE TELL ME.

God I wish I could get even a moment alone to think to myself. I already feel stretched so thin. I don’t know what to do as my next move.

I love you all and miss you so much. I can’t wait to come home and see you.

Aliya

No comments:

Post a Comment