Thursday, February 25, 2010

What Am I thinking?

I think the title is self explainatory. my tickets have finally been nailed down and I will be leaving my home of 15 years for as long as 6 months. For a third world country. Holy crap.

Suddenly I'm paniced.

As my dear friend shauna would say OMFG.

I'm really scared. I've never lived on my own and allthough i'll be living with a family I'm really scared of being alone there. What if I can't make friends? Thats the scariest part. I don't want to spend 6 months lonely with no friends.

Also I'm kind of scared I won't live up to the expectation sI have for myself. Like i won't be good at teaching er something.

On the plus side I have a chance to work with this really cool project that interviews women around the world, kind of a girl power connection think. I'm really excited to be a part of that.
Thats the reason I want to do this at all, I think we all need to learn to be connected to everyone. We forget that there is a whole world outside of us and that Africa or Haiti or wherever isn't a place just on TV commercials.

Don't get me wrong sometimes i get so excited to go I can't breathe, but the flight plans just make it so final you know? So definate. I know it will be amazing but it's just so huge. But I feel like if i don't do this now when I don't have any close by friends or a good job or a boyfriend or school I might never do this. I want to earn a story now.

I want everyone to come visit me lol. I'm all ready sad thinking how much i'll miss everyone.

I love anyone who reads this.

1 comment:

  1. you can do it :)
    make sure to take tons of pictures! and update us regularly :D
    I'll be thinking of you!
    haha if I didn't have Ben, I would be very tempted to join you ;)

    ReplyDelete